Wednesday, December 3, 2008

THE HOOD


INSPIRATION

Its something that’s been on my mind for a while now and I commonly see as I venture out into different neighborhoods in this metro-area. Its a very intriguing question that seems to keep popping up in a lot of conversations that I come across....

Why is it that some black people feel the need to designate whatever neighborhood they are in as THE HOOD???

Now I know for a fact that I am not the only person who’s had this question on their mind. I would really like for the people out there to give me honest feedback on this question. I for one would love to live in a community full of blacks, whites, Hispanic, etc but because of this mindset that an all black neighborhood must be "The Hood" it comes across as a lost hope. I love diversity and love meeting different people but for once I would also be able to say that I can raise a family in an all black neighborhood without having to fear for their safety as if they were in a war zone. I am not a supporter of "The Hood", "The Ghetto" or whatever else name that is designated for a neighborhood that see lots of crime, gang banging, drug-dealing etc. Now that my little rant is somewhat over....I seriously want the opinions of the people that may come across this blog. Please take into consideration that I’ll respect you as long as your respect me and all opinions and debates are welcome. I just want to discuss a coherent topic. Weight-In People.

No comments: